Steam not working (xubuntu 17.04)

** (lutris:1532): WARNING **: Couldn’t connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-cuRscUnKOT: Connection refused
INFO 2017-07-12 00:10:07,146 [lutriswindow]:Connected to lutris.net as codythedragondude
INFO 2017-07-12 00:10:13,906 [lutriswindow]:Installing strider-steam
WARNING 2017-07-12 00:10:16,535 [winesteam]:Data path for SteamApp 235210 not found.
wine: cannot find L"C:\windows\system32\winemenubuilder.exe"
ILocalize::AddFile() failed to load file “public/steambootstrapper_english.txt”.
ILocalize::AddFile() failed to load file “public/steambootstrapper_unknown.txt”.
net.cpp (262) : Fatal Assertion Failed: PlatformSocketsInit failed, error [no name available] (1)
net.cpp (262) : Fatal assert failed: net.cpp, line 262. Application exiting.

Assert( Fatal Assertion Failed: PlatformSocketsInit failed, error [no name available] (1) ):net.cpp:262

_ExitOnFatalAssert

this could be totally my fault xubuntu 17.04 has been pretty buggy going to try a different distro see if it has the same issues if someone wants to test my unpublished installer i am going to submit it to moderation please make sure to mark it untested until i post in that forum that it’s been testing

Hi!

If this is what I think it is, I’ve been battling it al lday yesterday…

This might be a bug resulting with a new steam update across all Wine versions, making Steam unable to run.
The bug is here: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43315#attach_58657

The issue is fixed in wine-staging 2.12.

well it was that and that the stable mesa ppa kept uninstalling wine staging for whatever reasons which bugged wine itself like in one instance it rolled back to version 2.0 but still showed 2.11 as installed so it’s a xubuntu issue went back to solus and seems to be working fine and getting prepped to test the game i was trying to get working

note to self do not disable lutris runtime and try to run this game it literally took you back to the log in screen of solus