Steam for Windows problems

I’m having a couple problems with Steam for Windows.

1. A couple weeks ago I installed Grim Dawn using the lutris script, but I run it Steam has a bar across the top saying “Steam for Windows XP will expire in 68 days” or something like that.

2. I’ve today reinstalled my OS, and now trying to log into Steam for Windows it just keeps telling me it can’t connect to the server. This is happening at the step where I give steam my username and password.

Had anybody had these issues, and know of a solution?

Thanks

Maybe you could try running it in Steam Play/Proton in Steam for Linux instead?

You can try right clicking Grim Dawn, going to Wine Configuration and settings your windows to Windows 7 there, if that’s really the root of the problem.

Grim Dawn doesn’t work in Proton. I know, it appears to work as per the protondb.com list, but if you actually play it for a bit you’ll find that proton appears to be triggering the game’s anti-cheat system, and prevents you from progressing much more than about 15 minutes in.

Hmm. I’ve tried that and it seems to cause an immediate crash on startup when Windows 7 is set. Once Windows XP Steam support ends, will I have to stop playing is what I am wondering.

I resolved issue 2 just by reinstalling the OS.