Starcaft 2 Not launching

After Launching the battle net launcher when starting Starcraft 2 in lutris and then starting Starcraft 2 in battle net I am met with this error message from wine in a pop up.

An Error occurred starting StarCraft 2. please try again.

(Error 2:0).

WINED3D+ESYNC b

System Info.

Manjaro Linux x86_64
ThinkPad X220 Tablet
Plasma
CPU: Intel i7-2640M (4) @ 3.500GHz
GPU: Intel 2nd Generation Core Processor Family
Memory: 4627MiB / 15897MiB

Error Log.

Running /home/j/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-5.6-2-x86_64/bin/wine /home/j/Games/starcraft-ii/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Battle.net/Battle.net Launcher.exe
Initial process has started with pid 15938
Game is considered started.
Initial process has exited.
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 151 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
Value in failed request: 0x0
Serial number of failed request: 372
Current serial number in output stream: 373
Current serial number in output stream: 163

Welp…
I personally only got this error when failing to start up X server, with badly set up drivers.
Then again, that was when I tried to set up NVidia on laptop…
In your case, I’d wager it’s because your videocard is Intel HD 3000, which is old (9 years), rather low-end and doesn’t support OpenGL 4 (so probably can’t do whichever operation it tried). If you used the DXVK installer, you can try the D3D one, but that’s about it.

Of course, you might just be the case of you having missed the comment about system dependencies; you may want to check it out if you haven’t done so yet.

I tried to install all the dependencies again which didnt change anything.
Now I have installed the WINED3D+ESYNC but I have the same error.

Running /home/j/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-5.6-2-x86_64/bin/wine /home/j/Games/starcraft-ii/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Battle.net/Battle.net Launcher.exe
Initial process has started with pid 15938
Game is considered started.
Initial process has exited.
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 151 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
Value in failed request: 0x0
Serial number of failed request: 372
Current serial number in output stream: 373

Yeah, as I said, chances are either your OpenGL install is broken (try checking by running glxgears -info from shell terminal), or your hardware simply can’t support it.

When was the last time you were able to launch SC2 successfully?
Probably not going to help, but try adding the following dll overrides:
key: api-ms-win-crt-private-l1-1-0 value: n,b
key: ucrtbase value n,b

About a 10 days ago. It was working perfectly fine and the initial install worked out the box.
How do I add api-ms-win-crt-private-l1-1-0 value: n,b to the dll’s I cannot see it as an available option.

1 Like

I also tried to open NVIDIA Settings, select “Prime Mode” and select “Performance mode” and rebooted, but still the same error.

Where do I add these “keys” to wine?