Star Wars: The Old Republic crashing

The game does load, and I was in my quarters for quite a while editing them. However, once I go out into the world my computer crashes in no time at all. Suggestions?

Video card and drivers pls and what version wine Ur using?

I’m using the nVidia drivers for my GeForce 9600M GT. The wine version is staging-3.8-x86_64

Lower your settings?

Other then using proprietary drivers with 32bit libs, try pba-firerat-3.11 for your wine version. And add __PBA_CB_HEAP=1, __PBA_GEO_HEAP=2046 to your Environment Variables. You could also add __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1, and __GL_SHADER_DISK_CACHE=1 (set your cache directory too with __GL_SHADER_DISK_CACHE_PATH and what ever path you want. It should create a GLCache folder if it’s working). And take the grass render slider in the graphic settings all the way to 0. It was a bug, and might still effect some users. You can play with the geo heap size too. It can have an impact, good or bad, so experiment with it. But 2048 or around there is somewhat middleground for most games.

All settings are lowered.

I decided to do some random tests and drew a conclusion. If for any reason I walk away for very long it will crash my laptop. If I play it will not crash. However, if I decide to “logout” it will immediately crash my laptop. Hard shutdown.

That is an odd issue. My crashes usually happen when I’ve been playing for a few hours or in Ops or Flash Point’s. Have you tried other versions of wine, or maybe disable/enable the lutris runtime? I know the game isn’t 100% stable, but I’m curious if it’s not driver or hardware related?