I’m trying to find a way to get the Star Wars Battlefront II (2017) version going on Lutris. I know the installer basically only installs Origin. I have seen and know that folks managed to get games with the likes of Anthem and Battlefield V going, but Battlefront II is still giving issues.
Is there anyone who may have some idea or indication as to what BFII is trying to use/launch in the background that prohibits it from starting up? I strongly suspect the issue is with a missing program or function but I’m just unsure as to how to identify it. I have tried installing and changing various Windows components (and also manged to break the Wine instance quite a few times in the process).
Here is small summary of what Ive tried the past few weeks:
- Tried various Wine staging versions
- Tried various DXVK versions and even disabling it
- Hiding Wine version detection
- Enable and disable Lutris run time components
- Enable and disable “prefer system libraries”
- With and without virtual desktop
- Installed all DirectX 9, 10 and 11 components,
- Installed Dot Net, Visual C++ all versions, even visual basic components
- Installed all fonts
And many more that I can’t even recall at the moment. I have also tried different combinations of the above settings enabled/disabled.
Many thanks in advance.