First, sorry for the english. I have the help of Google translator.
My intention is to help as many people as possible, because I know that English is universal, despite not knowing how to write.
I use an Arch/Manjaro based Distro and I wanted to install Spiral Knights, Retail Version. But I was getting an error when trying to install:
Started initial process 11711 from /usr/sbin/xterm -e /home/elppans/.cache/lutris/run_in_term.sh
Start monitoring process.
/usr/sbin/xterm: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6: undefined symbol: hb_ot_tags_from_script_and_language
Monitored process exited.
Initial process has exited (return code: 32512)
All processes have quit
Exit with return code 32512
I have freetype2 2.12.1-1 installed on my Distro and looking in the AUR repository, I saw that it is the latest.
This is the response of my command to list the file in more detail:
ls -l /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 mai 1 06:04 /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 → libfreetype.so.6.18.3
I have Steam installed too and so when locating the same file I did the same command:
ls -l $HOME/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfreetype.so.6
lrwxrwxrwx 1 elppans elppans 20 mai 17 2021 /home/elppans/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfreetype.so.6 → libfreetype.so.6.8.0
Seeing that the Steam library is older and works great on it, I decided to make Lutris use the same library version:
ln -sf $HOME/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfreetype.so.6 $HOME/.local/share/lutris/runtime/Ubuntu-18.04-x86_64
After creating the link, the installation is successful
For some reason the original Script didn’t create the game shortcut correctly in the Lutris “Executable” field, so I created a new Script based on it as “Latest version”.
Note: For the correct installation of the game, the Script should look like this:
files: - file1: http://gamemedia.spiralknights.com/spiral/client/spiral-install.bin game: exe: $GAMEDIR/spiral working_dir: $GAMEDIR installer: - chmodx: file1 - execute: args: --target $GAMEDIR --noexec description: Extracting... file: file1 terminal: true
So the shortcut was created correctly
I didn’t understand how to use Fork, so please someone remove this option (Change Me version) I created in my tests
For the game to work correctly, install the Java version 8 package from your Distro and create a shortcut into your distro’s folder.
I did it this way:
sudo pacman -S jre8-openjdk ln -sf /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk/jre $GAMEDIR/java
After this adjustment, the game works normally:
I wanted to post more images, but as I’m new to the forum, I could only post 1.
Hope this helps someone who has run into the same error.