Soulframe Prelude - installation

Hi all
I just got an invitation for Soulframe beta.
Did anyone got it too? How did you actually install the game?

I am fairly new to linux and I have no clue where to start :slight_smile:

Congrats - still waiting for mine :slight_smile:

Typically, the process for a game install is as follows -

1. Create a new WINE prefix (winetricks will do it for you)
  2. Set your environment (WINEPREFIX=/path/to/prefix)
  3. Use winetricks to install supporting software - .NET, DXVK etc.
  4. Edit: (oops) Install the game! Use winetricks explorer, click on the MSI or EXE
  5. Try and run the game (cd /path/to/prefix/drive_c/path/to/game && wine gameexe.exe)
  6. Debug and performance! :slight_smile: - also running it with Proton or wine-ge 8.26

After that, we can work on a proper Lutris installer - it will probably be much the same as the current Warframe Standalone, just downloading a different MSI and running a different launcher.

1 Like

thanks!
I used my old laptop to try it and it works like a charm, I will try now to follow your instractions <3

I have had the beta access for over a year … I have been unable to make it work under Linux … the launcher loads with no issues then tries to update the game and each time it come up with corrupted download and restarts in an endless loop …

After a bit of tinkering I ghot it to work, installed with lutris and latest GE-Proton (9.13) and by launching the windows desktop link instead of the game exe. setting the working folder to the one with the exe file. It actually finished the update and I could play, now tinkering with best conf in Lutris and in game for best performance and nicest graphics

2 Likes

I write it here, maybe it will be helpful:
I was able to run it by tweaking with wine itself, basically I enabled manually the use of Vulkan and now it works.
What happened seems that the video card was not used correctly by wine, I had to manually tell the system to use it for DirectX because the gpu was not using any vram - now it work like a charm.
thing is that I forgot what I did - I tweaked the configruations with winetricks though