[SOLVED] WoW - How to launch additional wow clients with different config

Hi,
Currently I can launch additional wow clients by clicking “Run EXE inside wine prefix” and selecting WowClassic.exe, but it involves too many clicks and I have to change the display settings to another monitor manually everytime.

Is there a way to create additional launchers or command line scripts to launch wow clients with different config.wtf?

Thanks

I mean you could theoretically create a wine instance per wow client but that would consume a lot of data…

Unfortunately my ssd don’t have room for another 80GB wow installation :frowning:

Managed it finally.

This is the bash file i created to launch additional wow client with Config-Alt.wtf

#!/bin/bash

export SDL_VIDEO_FULLSCREEN_DISPLAY="off"
export DRI_PRIME="1"
export STEAM_RUNTIME="/home/vutruzec/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam"
export DXVK_HUD="compiler"
export DXVK_STATE_CACHE_PATH="/home/vutruzec/Games/world-of-warcraft"
export STAGING_SHARED_MEMORY="1"
export __GL_SHADER_DISK_CACHE="1"
export __GL_SHADER_DISK_CACHE_PATH="/home/vutruzec/Games/world-of-warcraft"
export WINEDEBUG="-all"
export WINEARCH="win64"
export WINE="/home/vutruzec/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-6.0-x86_64/bin/wine"
export GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH_1_0="/home/vutruzec/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-6.0-x86_64/lib64/gstreamer-1.0/:/home/vutruzec/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-6.0-x86_64/lib/gstreamer-1.0/"
export WINEPREFIX="/home/vutruzec/Games/world-of-warcraft"
export WINEESYNC="1"
export WINEFSYNC="0"
export WINEDLLOVERRIDES="d3d10core,d3d11,d3d12,d3d9,dxgi=n;winemenubuilder.exe=d;nvapi,nvapi64="
export WINE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE="1"
export game_name="World of Warcraft"
gamemoderun /home/vutruzec/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-6.0-x86_64/bin/wine "/home/vutruzec/Games/world-of-warcraft/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/World of Warcraft/_classic_/WowClassic.exe" -config Config-Alt.wtf

To future readers who’s trying to do something similar, start

lutris -d

then launch your game as usual, export those DEBUG lines until you reach the gamemoderun command to start your game.

Well, I’m still new to linux and all these and this is the best explanation I can give, good luck!