[SOLVED] Warframe not launching after installation

Hello, so I’ve recently tried to run Warframe through Lutris. I’ve installed it twice through the 2 scripts provided by this website (Standalone and Standalone w/ DXVK) and neither of them launches the game.

By simply running both games after installation, I was getting the following error in the “updating” xterm window:
Wine cannot find the ncurses library (libncurses.so.5).
After which the game quit.

I fixed it by installing the “lib32-ncurses5-compat-libs” package, however, despite the fact that the error wasn’t shown anymore, the game didn’t launch.

I’ve tried changing “Wine version” option for the DXVK launcher in Configuration > Runner Options from “esync-3.13-x86_64” to “staging-3.5-x86_64”. This led to the game briefly launching (visual glitches typical to a window getting in fullscreen mode) then showing a pop-up window saying: “Could not initialize XAudio2! You must install the latest DirectX9 runtime” and the game crashing again.

I’ve tried using “winetricks d3dx9 xact” which had no effect on the output.

Has anybody else experienced such a problem before, and if so, has anybody found any fix to it?

System info:
CPU: i5 7400
GPU: 1050ti, nvidia-396 drivers
System: Manjaro KDE
Kernel: 4.14.57-1

Thanks in advance.

Solved it. Apparently Arch doesn’t install all of the Wine optional dependencies by default, so in order to get Lutris to work you have to do this:

sudo pacman -S wine-staging
sudo pacman -S giflib lib32-giflib libpng lib32-libpng libldap lib32-libldap gnutls lib32-gnutls mpg123 lib32-mpg123 openal lib32-openal v4l-utils lib32-v4l-utils libpulse lib32-libpulse alsa-plugins lib32-alsa-plugins alsa-lib lib32-alsa-lib libjpeg-turbo lib32-libjpeg-turbo libxcomposite lib32-libxcomposite libxinerama lib32-libxinerama ncurses lib32-ncurses opencl-icd-loader lib32-opencl-icd-loader libxslt lib32-libxslt libva lib32-libva gtk3 lib32-gtk3 gst-plugins-base-libs lib32-gst-plugins-base-libs vulkan-icd-loader lib32-vulkan-icd-loader cups samba dosbox
1 Like