[SOLVED] Overwatch 2 maxing out the CPU on the menu

With these specs and following all the directions on the install page I can only manage to get to the menu with single digit frames. Completely locked I can’t hit any settings only to max out all 12 CPU threads and crash the PC. (for some reason LSHW is not getting the right GPU, that’s a 3070 ti)

My PC can run a game like Outlast Trials but can’t get past the Overwatch 2 main menu. I’m also getting desktop crashes where the screen will go black and the taskbar will flicker, sometimes I’m sent back to the login screen. I’ve also uninstalled/reinstalled NVIDEA graphics several times along with several reboots; some voluntary some not. I’m at a loss.

1 Like

I got home and ran

flatpak run net.lutris.Lutris -d

and I got this before the game crashed

Ubuntu Pastebin - full lutris -d output

Ubuntu Pastebin - full lutris --submit-issue output

1 Like

*This was fixed but but not easily. First and foremost, my graphics card was defective as shown on other games with constant crashing so I got a new card and I had to uninstall and reinstall my OS. Once that was done I just installed flatpak lutris, uninstall and reinstall the runner. I’d run one version behind the current and finally I got things to run without crashing.

[ACTUAL SOLUTION]**This “fix” is crap, while the graphics card was dying, I didn’t have to do that to my OS, I just disabled/pulled back the swapiness and I’d avoid flatpak installations of anything like the plague unless I have to, just install the .deb like a normal person. Flatpak needs extra maintenance and it’s not worth the grief.