[SOLVED] Neverwinter MMO input lag

Took me a while, but managed to get D&D Neverwinter MMO kind of running. Now there’s only one issue left: even though the game is running smoothly (people walking around in the background, etc.), there’s huge (over 1 second) input lag on all key presses and mouse movement. Mouse movement is also very choppy when cursor is locked.

Using:

• Ubuntu 18.04
  • wine staging 3.12 x64
  • DXVK 0.63

I followed this guide for installation (dependencies etc.), since current lutris installer just tells steam to download it and sets versions of wine and dxvk.
Any help would be apprectiated.

What I’ve tried:

• Various versions of wine
  • Various versions of DXVK
  • Enabling virtual desktop
  • Setting mouse warp mode to forced

At this point I’m running out of settings to tinker with.

Maybe you need xinput and related dlls installed? Try installing those using winetricks

The game doesn’t support gamepads, but tried installing it anyway. Sadly it didn’t resolve the issue.

After almost giving up, I went to try it just with wine command from the terminal, since why not.
Running “wine Neverwinter.exe” got it working fine and without input lag. But since there’s no DXVK, the preformance is pretty bad. I guess I’ll try to get it running without steam if that’ll help.

EDIT: Got it working via DXVK too. Removed all library overrides from wineconfig and set it to run without steam. Works great now.