[Solved] Lutris won't start on Manjaro 18.0.4 KDE

I’ve tried to run Lutris both through the terminal and through the application menu, and neither will start an instance of Lutris.

The same issue happens whether it’s installed through sudo pacman -S lutris or with octopi. lutris-git (the only Lutris package I can find through the AUR) doesn’t even install for me to try it.

The terminal spews this out once I use the command lutris:
Gtk-Message: 20:37:55.851: Failed to load module "appmenu-gtk-module"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/lutris", line 33, in <module>
app = Application()
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lutris/gui/application.py", line 60, in __init__
init_lutris()
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lutris/startup.py", line 44, in init_lutris
init_dirs()
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lutris/startup.py", line 34, in init_dirs
create_folder(directory)
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lutris/util/system.py", line 209, in create_folder
os.makedirs(path)
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/os.py", line 211, in makedirs
makedirs(head, exist_ok=exist_ok)
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/os.py", line 221, in makedirs
mkdir(name, mode)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/ghassan/.local/share/icons/hicolor'

and the following when I use lutris -d:
Gtk-Message: 20:40:28.914: Failed to load module "appmenu-gtk-module"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/lutris", line 33, in <module>
app = Application()
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lutris/gui/application.py", line 60, in __init__
init_lutris()
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lutris/startup.py", line 44, in init_lutris
init_dirs()
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lutris/startup.py", line 34, in init_dirs
create_folder(directory)
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lutris/util/system.py", line 209, in create_folder
os.makedirs(path)
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/os.py", line 221, in makedirs
mkdir(name, mode)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/ghassan/.local/share/icons/hicolor'

I tried running it as root (before I knew I shouldn’t have) and it did launch, however I learned that this was not the right path to take, so I used ‘rm -r lutris’ in ~/.cache, ~/.config, and ~/.local/share .

home/ghassan/.local/share/icons/hicolor does not exist, so if I create this folder through Dolphin will it work? I don’t want to fiddle with anything before I know exactly what to do so I don’t mess up everything.

Any help is appreciated!

I installed appmenu-gtk-module via octopi, and decided to create the directory /home/ghassan/.local/share/icons/hicolor (then used sudo chmod a+rwx on it) and Lutris now starts correctly.