[SOLVED] Lutris doesn't open after update

Welp.

I’m on Arch in KDE.

Installed gnome-desktop. Command line said it was missing appmenu-gtk-module. Installed that. Now I get this:

(lutris:2603): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:17:10.266: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:127:35: The style property GtkButton:child-displacement-x is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(lutris:2603): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:17:10.266: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:128:35: The style property GtkButton:child-displacement-y is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(lutris:2603): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:17:10.266: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:132:46: The style property GtkScrolledWindow:scrollbars-within-bevel is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/lutris", line 31, in <module>
from lutris.gui.application import Application
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lutris/gui/application.py", line 34, in <module>
from lutris.game import Game
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lutris/game.py", line 11, in <module>
from lutris import runtime
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lutris/runtime.py", line 8, in <module>
from lutris.util.downloader import Downloader
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lutris/util/downloader.py", line 3, in <module>
import requests
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'

Any clues?

1 Like

The gnome-desktop package is a lib, not the Desktop Enviroment.

Install the python-requests package on your Arch Linux with sudo pacman -S python-requests

2 Likes

Awesome, that did the trick. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi,

I just downloaded the package “gnome-desktop-1:3.30.2-1” and it worked for me.

I also downgraded Lutris to 0.4.*

I’m on Arch-linux.

1 Like

I guess I skipped this issue. I installed 0.5.0-1 yesterday and it works.
4.20.6-arch1-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 31 08:22:01 UTC 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux
xcfe

1 Like

Fedora user here.

According to this very helpful PR https://github.com/lutris/lutris/issues/1725, the package name for Fedora is gnome-desktop3 . Worked for me.

1 Like

Lutris 0.5.0.1 working correctly here with Debian sid (KDE).
Seems I have python-pil installed by default.

Description: Python Imaging Library (Pillow fork)
The Python Imaging Library (PIL) adds an image object to your Python interpreter. You can load images from a variety of file formats, and apply a rich set of image operations to them.