This is a brand new Steam Deck, lutris has just been configured to run several launchers, which it does successfully + 3 games from different launchers.
I have successfully installed the Ubisoft Connect launcher in lutris, from lutris script. It seems to be working fine.
Then I installed Immortals Fenyx Rising from Lutris script as well. When triggered it launched the ubisoft launcher, I installed the game from the launcher and closed ubisoft connect.
- launch ubisoft connect from lutris
- launch the game from inside the ubisoft launcher then the game works like a charm
If I select the game in lutris, then click on “play” it launches the ubisoft connect initialization popup and freezes for ever.
If I select the game in lutris, then click on "Run Exe inside Wine Prefix’, select the game exe then it starts (I don’t see the ubisoft initialization popup though, which makes me think it may work differently :o).
I’m new to this, so I’m probably missing something obvious but I literally spent 8 hours to try to get this to work:
- tested dozens of lutris wine versions, or proton-ge versions
- tested to add various arguments
- tested to add components, even if noone suggested this on protondb.com
- checked the logs from lutris, most of the time there are no errors, then when I force stop ubisoft connect I can see error such as “Bad File Descriptor”
Also, I’ve seen errors related to the script not bein able to access to gstreamer .so, but they are all there. In any case I havn’t seen these errors for a while. Maybe it was when I was using to old proton binaries.
I found quite some info about both, but none help.
- tried to modify the paths in the game conf in lutris/in the steam interface
Any idea of what could explain why it works from ubisoft connect directly, and not from lutris/steam directly? Or how can I get it to run as if I was running it from "Run Exe inside Wine Prefix’?
I havn’t tested to install another game from the ubisoft launcher yet.