[Solved (for the most part)] Overwatch Blizzard Error: The Application Encountered an unexpected error 0xE0070180 - after login (debian+intel))

I know this issue is talked about in the github instructions, and there is a topic with the same error that is solved (but different specs).

I am fairly new, and I didn’t exactly understand what to do in my case after researching everywhere so sorry if this may seem a bit repetitive.

Device: Chromebook C434
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8200Y processor
Graphics: Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 615

Croustini -> debian 10
(I’m using this because I’ve tried using debian but ran out of memory with it)

The instructions on github refer to not having 32 bit vulkan dependencies and the font. I don’t know exactly what, and how to fix it for my case.

I’m a bit confused on the part where I’m installing the drivers, which is where I think some problems arose for me. Since I’m using debian (essentially through the penguin terminal), with an intel processor and graphics card, I can’t find the steps I need to take in my conditions.

Running the ubuntu steps, which is the only one that actually does anything (other commands aren’t recognized), leads to:

The first step of getting the PPAs doesn’t work for me, so the first and second step for intel results in it cancelling/no pgp found.

Running 'sudo apt install libgl1-mesa-dri:i386" leads to
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 is already the newest version (19.2.8~cros1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Running “sudo apt install mesa-vulkan-drivers mesa-vulkan-drivers:i386” leads to
Building dependency tree
mesa-vulkan-drivers is already the newest version (19.2.8~cros1).
mesa-vulkan-drivers:i386 is already the newest version (19.2.8~cros1).

I have tried a lot of things, including
sudo apt-get install libpulse0:i386
Building dependency tree
libpulse0:i386 is already the newest version (12.2-4+deb10u1).
libpulse0:i386 set to manually installed.

and
sudo apt-get install libpulse0:amd64
Building dependency tree
libpulse0 is already the newest version (12.2-4+deb10u1).
libpulse0 set to manually installed.

These were done to check if i did download the 32 and 64 bit libpulse.so.0 library, as one solution suggested that these were missing, but no luck. Enabling DXVK and disabling it makes no difference, both just crash after logging into the game. Just after logging into the game, I can see the main menu, hear music/sound effects, but cannot see the character/pictures on the main menu normally before it crashes. I’m not sure what to do to fix it at this point.

Here are my pastebins:
Lutris Debug Log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/4DxSvWvxQG/
Lutris-issue-report.json: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/3t8zDJSbZK/
Lutris -d: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/HQdbn7GtDf/

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really do need help with this…

dont use wine stagging 6.4, newer version of wine make the game crash. Try lutris 6.0 no issue for me

I did play around with it, and both wine 6.0 and 6.4 staging end up crashing.

it s an error from intelhd graphic from what i see but having none can t say for sure. I have find somebody making it running and he say that he had to change config file.

Wow, this is a great find! It turns out in my case my intel GPU was not even recognized by Overwatch, and that was the problem, and the vitrio GPU was being used (which is another problem, but still really useful to know). This has helped lead me to the right direction. Thank you so much!!!

Do you know if the vulkan dependencies are installed correctly for debian as well? (problem not from there?)

1 Like