SOLVED: FIFA 18 Slower Than FIFA 19

I’ve tried to play FIFA 18 and 19 with Lutris.

Wine version: lutris-4.20 Staging
DXVK version: 1.5.4
Esync Enable

The problem is i really wanted to play FIFA 18 than 19. But FIFA 18 performance really slow in gameplay. About 20-40 fps. And the weird thing is FIFA 19 have a better performance. 60fps stable. 30fps in cut screens.

So which Wine and DXVK version is work better for FIFA 18?

UPDATE: It works! DXVK version 1.0 solve my problem !
I’m happy right now

I’m not sure which combo is best for this game but I generally find that DXVK is more likely to cause a performance issue than WINE.

I assume you’ve already tried with Esync disabled? If so, roll back one DXVK version at a time to see if one of them works better (Tedious, I know). Although, one thing to note is that when changing WINE versions, Origin will interpret this as you having installed the game on another computer and if you do it too many times, you’ll have to wait 24 hours before being able to play the game again. I’m not sure if the same thing happens when changing DXVK version…

1 Like

Thanks for reply. I’ve tried all DXVK available on Lutris from 1.4.3 - 1.5.4. Unfortunately still not changing the performance. I think FIFA 18 just can’t work on Lutris/Wine ?

Well, in 2018, I don’t think DXVK had even reached version 1 yet. So maybe some of them older 0.XX versions will work better, but they might make no difference. I guess you could try older WINE versions too. Then again, it could be something else alltogether. Maybe GPU drivers… who knows…

Hopefully someone who plays the game will be able to help you. Good luck!

1 Like

How can i get the older version of DXVK in Lutris? The dropdown menu only show that 1.4.3 is the older.

Yeah i hope someone who still play FIFA 18 saw this post :smiley:
Thanks

UPDATE: It works! DXVK version 1.0 solve my problem !
I’m happy right now

Nice! Glad it’s sorted for you :slight_smile: