[SOLVED] Diablo IV (Diablo 4) - No GPUs found

Hi all, the most recent D4 patch (1.0.3 Build #42677) broke D4 for me again. I got it working perfectly with the advice in this thread for the past two weeks, perfectly stable, no crashes. But now it can’t even startup, crashes on startup before it can even show the title screen. The lutris log shows what appears to be a race condition at the moment it crashes:

0128:err:seh:call_stack_handlers invalid frame 0000000036405F70 (0000000036212000-0000000036310000)
0128:err:seh:NtRaiseException Exception frame is not in stack limits => unable to dispatch exception.
Fatal glibc error: ../nptl/pthread_mutex_lock.c:460 (__pthread_mutex_cond_lock_full): assertion failed: robust || (oldval & FUTEX_OWNER_DIED) == 0
0c18:err:seh:call_stack_handlers invalid frame 000000001990E500 (0000000019712000-0000000019810000)
0c18:err:seh:NtRaiseException Exception frame is not in stack limits => unable to dispatch exception.

This happens with following wine runners:

  • lutris-GE-Proton-8-5-x86_64
  • lutris-GE-Proton-8-7-x86_64
  • lutris-GE-Proton-8-8-x86_64

All with DXVK 2.2 and VKD3D 2.8.

Anyone else getting this issue?

1 Like

after today’s game update. i can confirm i am now getting this No GPU found.

1 Like

I have the same issue, the last update broke the game. Anyone managed to find a solution?

I’ve disabled this in advanced Lutris settings and it helpes me.

I also appear to be unable to run Diablo IV since update So far no luck with various combinations of lutris-GE-Proton-8-5,7, 8-x86_64 or with DXVK 2.2, 2.1 and VKD3D 2.8 , 2.9 etc… also reinstalled Lutris (Deleted config, etc… tried RPM and Flatpak) no luck yet.


Okay, in my case it looks like system may have been confused between discrete (Nvidia FX 1080) or intel (HD 630 Graphics). I forced Vulkan ICD Loader to my discrete (Nvidia 1080) Card only as the current setting listed both my 1080 and 630 combined, all other options stock i.e. lutris-GE-Proton-8-8-x86_64 with DXVK 2.2 and VKD3D 2.9 etc… seems to work fine now. Not sure why this happened, seemed to coincide with latest Diablo IV patch as all worked great before.

1 Like

tried to look for this setting and it is already disabled on my settings. you still able to play D4 in lutris? what GPU do you have?

Yep, it still works, but when yesterday I was playing D4 I noticed that some textures are rendered with artifacts. Also before finding this setting I updated everything that can: kernel, lutris, nvidia drivers, battlenet. I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 on my laptop.

1 Like

I am not sure if it matters, but I also change Vulkan ICD loader in lutris settings.


Thanks Yuliy changing the vulkan ICD settings worked for me!!

1 Like

What exactly are you guys changing the Vulkan ICD settings to?

In my case I made sure it (Vulkan ICD) indicated my discrete graphics card only, looks like it was trying to use Intel HD CPU Graphics instead, not sure why.

1 Like

In my case I had 2 options for my NVIDIA card under vulkan ICD, one was (Unspecified) Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 (default) and the other Nvidia proprietary: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060

Changing it the latter worked.

Edit: I also changed to proton 7, if that makes a difference but im 90% sure it’s the Vulkan ICD

1 Like

Thanks!! This Vulkan ICD is the fix. This thread is the only source for answer on this problem. tyvm.

I had a similar issue after the recent patch where it was attempting to launch with integrated graphics. After fiddling with versions and the ICD loader, what ended up working for me was going into the files for the game’s environment,


drive_c/users/[USER]/Documents/Diablo IV/LocalPrefs.txt

and changing the value for “Adapter” from “0” to “1”

This seems to be the fix for windows users too.


Sorry to necro this, but I kept coming back to this post in my search to get Diablo 4 running on mint 21. I kept getting the gpu not found and the fenris error no matter what I did. So I wanted to share what got the game running for me in case someone else needs the help.

I had to create the LocalPrefs.txt file and the Diablo IV folder manually as the game would never launch, thus would never create the file. I found an example of the file here.

I also had a hard time finding the documents folder which I found by starting diablo 3 and finding the d3prefs.txt file.

Anyway, I hope that helps anyone still having issues.

I signed up an account just to help and add another anecdote, I hope it helps because it caused me much pain…

None of the above worked for me but I did notice something.

I could run diablo on steam with proton experimental with no launch parameters fine, no lutris, out the box, before I upgraded to LTS. But soon as I upgraded it broke. I believe that upgrading my OS made a change to my nvidia drivers wherein lies the problem.
I copied my diablo folder onto my 2nd hard drive with the rsync command and my /home folder, nuked my shit with a fresh kubuntu (ubuntu with kde plasma) and copied it back, reinstalled steam and it worked. (15 mins)
Copied the Diablo IV folder back to ~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common.
I let kubuntu auto install my latest nvidia drivers during the install.
I don’t believe it was the upgraded LTS kubuntu but rather something the upgrade did with my nvidia drivers so you may uninstall and reinstall your drivers with only what you need first - worth a try before nuking your HD.
You could also try manually installing the drivers with 1 command from glorious eggrolls github docs/InstallingDrivers.md at master · lutris/docs · GitHub and running protonEG because my diablo works with both proton experimental and GE with no launch options.

intel i7
nvidia 980ti
16 ram

Also running diablo on arch on proton experimental. ryzen 7 7800x3d, radeon 7900xt, arch with hyprland desktop with no launcher parameters. No lutris.