I just got the My First Pet stuff pack, updated Origin (using a workaround from the top comment on the Origin winehq page to avoid having to reinstall again) and now whenever I try to launch the game it says:
Unable to start:
Can’t run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed.
I wouldn’t think a stuff pack would up the video card requirements by much at all and it ran fine prior to this?
Things I’ve Tried So Far:
- Running any and every updater I could find (firmware updater from the manufacturer, software updates, etc)
- Running updates through the terminal
- Trying to launch in windowed mode
- Making sure that Origin In-Game hasn’t come back on somehow
- Removing all mods and CC
- Removing Config.log and Options.ini
- Running the Origin update utility for the game
- Running the Origin repair utility for the game
I also tried checking on the Intel site to see if my drivers are up to date but the drivers I have are OS supplied (Ubuntu 16.04) and I don’t kno how to find out the actual version. The newest versions for my graphics card (Intel® HD Graphics 620 (Kaby Lake GT2) ) are also only listed to download on the Intel site for Windows.
ADDITIONAL NOTE: I looked up the minimum game requirements both pre- and post-stuff pack, they’re the same so my card should definitely be good enough now since it was before.