[Solved] Blackguards 2 gog

I manually installed Blackguards 2 (gog version) with lutris, and the game runs perfectly when pressing “launch” button after installation, despite runtime error (62 something) poping up.

However, when I then change the executable from setup.exe to the acctual game.exe the problems start.

1. The game launches fine enough, but the button labels in the menu look like this;

instead of button “new game” it it says “<tilman error ‘mainmenu/new_game’>” etc.

1. In the cutscenes run but the dialog is out, showing the file name of the audio cllip that should be played in the bottom of the screen.

2. When in game it renders well enough but all dialog and ui are not there meaning there is no way to progress in the game.

In the game folder where drive_c is located there is a “tilman_errors.txt” file with the following content;

missing loca keys for tilman:
interface/
back
ok
cancel
mainmenu/
achievements
apply
press_key_to_enter
continue
new_game
load
options
credits
quit
ingame_title
really_quit_gamemenu
controls_titles/
shortcuts_title

What to do about it? Clearly it doesent find the appropriate files or settings. But how to solve. There is nothing on the internet on this, and I am not yet tech savvy enough to figure it out.

Solved

Got it to work by the following;

When you point the lutris config to the game.exe, empty the fields for working directory and wine prefix. Works perfectly