Similarly-named games confused in database

Hello, I hope this is the correct place to ask for assistance with this. If it is not, please let me know where I should be posting and I’ll report it there instead!

I started playing a F2P game called Maelstrom recently on Steam through Steam Play. It can be found at the following link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/764050/Maelstrom/

However, when I add it to Lutris, the client populates all of the icons and logos with the info of a similarly-named (but unrelated) game, Maelstrom: The Battle for Earth Begins, which can be found here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/11560/Maelstrom_The_Battle_for_Earth_Begins/

The correct game launches just fine from Lutris, but I wanted to have the proper metadata, so I went to the Lutris website to find the correct identifier for the game. However, Maelstrom doesn’t seem to have an entry. Only Maelstrom: TBFEB seems to have one.

At this point I clicked “Submit a new game” in the search page to add Maelstrom to the Lutris database. However, the form explicitly says not to add Steam games using it. Instead, it recommends searching for unpublished titles (did not work) or connecting my Steam library to my account to create an entry (also does not work, it instead adds an entry for Maelstrom: TBFEB in my Lutris library).

I am at a bit of a loss now of how to correct this issue. Can someone please advise on how to proceed?

The more general issue here is that it’s impossible to remove auto-detection from a game not in database; I had this happen to some local games (from Simon Tatham’s puzzles), and there seems no way to make Lutris stop detecting the local binary as some game from its database with a similar name (removing the ID and clearing icon/poster doesn’t work).

But yeah, combined with the Steam misdetection problem it’s even more annoying. Some games I have are still not in DB after half a year of being installed because Lutris refuses to import it, or detect the ID correctly.