Shadow of the Collossus not launching

Hi everyone,

I installed Shadow of the Colossus but it doesn’t do anything when I click on “Play”. Below is what I see when I click the “Show logs” option:

Running /home/tieria/.local/share/lutris/runners/pcsx2/PCSX2 --fullscreen /home/tieria/Games/shadow-of-the-colossus/Shadow of the Colossus (USA).iso
/home/tieria/.local/share/lutris/runners/pcsx2/PCSX2: /usr/lib32/libtiff.so.5: no version information available (required by /home/tieria/.local/share/lutris/runtime/Ubuntu-18.04-i686/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so.0)
Waiting on children
Exit with returncode -4

Does anyone know what could be wrong here? Thanks!

Do you have libtiff5:i386 installed? It appears that the emulator is trying to access it but fails.

Hi @LeXofLeviafan ,

/usr/lib32/libtiff.so.5: no version information available

I went to /usr/lib32 and ran ls with grep for “libtiff”, and it looks like it’s there:

[tieria@veda lib32]$ ls | grep libtiff
libtiff.so
libtiff.so.5
libtiff.so.5.5.0
libtiffxx.so
libtiffxx.so.5
libtiffxx.so.5.5.0
[tieria@veda lib32]$

Which distribution are you running? The latest version supported by Ubuntu is has SO version 5.4.0. You should be checking the version information using your package manager first. E.g., I have Gentoo and use eix to search my packages; when I run eix tiff, there’s an entry named media-libs/tiff marked as installed ([I]), and the entry includes a following line:
Installed versions: 4.1.0^t(01:09:25 AM 11/11/2019)(cxx jpeg webp zlib zstd -jbig -lzma -static-libs -test ABI_MIPS="-n32 -n64 -o32" ABI_RISCV="-lp64 -lp64d" ABI_S390="-32 -64" ABI_X86="32 64 -x32")
(where ABI_X86="32 64" means it’s installed for both 32 and 64 bits).

…I checked, and in the folder mentioned in your log (where libwg_gtk2u_core is) there seems to be a libtiff.so.5 file of its own, identical to the one from Ubuntu 18.04 release. Check if it’s there, your error seems to suggest it couldn’t find it there and went to system library where some information mismath apparently occurred.