Seeking Debugging Help

Hi! Warning: walls of text approaching!

I have an older computer with the following specs:

Asus X99-PRO/USB 3.1 Motherboard
Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA 2011-v3
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2133MHz C13 memory kit for DDR4 Systems (CMK32GX4M4A2133C13) (x2 for 64GB)
EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X

I have been using it to play mostly Blizzard games for a long long time. I use LFS distro, so I don’t have a package manager, so when things started getting tricky to build manually(mainly because of dx12), I started using Lutris. So I was playing Diablo IV, Wow with dx12, and all their other games via Lutris install scripts for battlenet and Diablo IV.

Well at some point some things stopped working, so I installed Windows 10 on my SSD. Everything there works except for Diablo II Resurrected, which crashes violently, but that’s okay because it runs on my current wine-staging 9.7 build.

But it would be nice to get everything working in one spot so I wanted to see if I could get battlenet/D4/WOWdx12 working again via Lutris.

So, keep in mind this used to work on this very computer with my built 64 bit and 32 bit libraries. I have 64 bit and 32 bit Vulkan and VKD3D(winehq not proton) libraries. I recently built wine-staging 9.7 which uses a different build system than previous versions. It works with everything except D4 and WOW using dx12.

Well anyway, I install Lutris and that goes fine, but when I go to install battle.net from the Lutris install scripts, using the default wine-ge-8-26 runner, it craps out at the winetricks arial install, but that might not be the main problem. If I select use lutris-7.2-2 it will get farther, and I can even get it mostly running, but run into issues later. One thing I’ve noticed is when I install with lutris-7.2.2, when it creates the 64 bit wine prefix, I will get the familiar wine pop-up stating it’s updating the prefix.When I use wine-ge-8-26, I don’t get that popup and the winetricks arial command fails soon after.

Thanks in advance for any debugging help, but I’m not expecting too much help, because you are all probably playing your games!

So, my wine-staging-9.7 runs everything except D4 and WOWdx12, so I may just have to use Windows for those two, so I’m not terribly put out, it’s just driving my OCD crazy. Oh well, if you made it this far, thanks for reading! Happy gaming!

In case it helps someone else, I just installed battle.net through Steam and was able to run the DX12 programs that weren’t working with wine-staging. It was painless. Just needed to specify certain versions of proton.