S.T.A.L.K.E.R Anomaly offline & stuttering

Made an account specifically for this.

So I’ve got Stalker Anomaly installed on my Steam Deck via Lutris. Runs great, everything is great. Due to my job, I take my Steam Deck with me and entertain myself for a few hours. But because there’s no WiFi for staff to use, I am forced to play games in Flight/offline mode.
When I try to boot up the game/launcher, nothing happens. Literally nothing. Nor can I find any report to state why it doesn’t launch. It’s only when I use my phone as a hotspot can I quickly boot up the game and then disconnect and enter offline. Is there a way around this?

ALSO while running the game after a certain length of time, the game starts to stutter horrifically. Tried limiting/toggling a bunch of settings both in game and on the Steam Deck itself but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help a guy out?

(P.s. I have no idea what to do in relation to the OS so if you can make the answers as dumb as possible (I’m talking caveman language) I’d greatly appreciate it.

Hi,
Did you use the Lutris brower to install Anomaly? Which version did you install, the Mod version?

I don’t own the game anymore, so I tried the standalone one and it launches offline (launcher takes 10s to run on a desktop.) Not sure why the mod version would fail to launch offline unless it is tied to running with a Steam-based S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP, but that would explain why you need to go online.

Try to start the steam client when on WiFi, then “go offline” in steam, and disconnect, but leave the Steam client running. If it then lets you run the game, then we know it’s probably that.

In relation to stuttering, Lutris installers are using a pretty old WINE runner for Anomaly.
You can switch it to a newer one to see if that works better.
Right click (however the Deck does that) on the game tile and select configuration, go to the third tab “runner options,” and change “wine version” to the current generic which is “wine-ge-8-26-x86_64”.