Runner PCSX2

It is a bit, well kind of a shame. But I downloaded 0.4.0 and - am unable to install :neutral_face:
Even when I search the ubuntu wiki for phyton guidesā€¦

You are most likely missing some dependencies. What error message do you get?

cronyk@Magnus:~/Downloads/lutris$ ./setup.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./setup.py", line 3, in <module>
    from setuptools import setup
ImportError: No module named 'setuptools'

Youā€™re missing the dependency to run the setup.py script with Python3 but I would advice not to run it anyway because it can be painful to uninstall after. There is no uninstall method once you run setup.py, you have to look for lutris related file in /usr/local/

The development version of Lutris does not need to be installed, you can run it from the git folder:

./bin/lutris

Like this:

cronyk@Magnus:~/Downloads/lutris/bin$ ./lutris
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./lutris", line 47, in <module>
    from lutris.config import check_config  # , register_handler
  File "/home/cronyk/Downloads/lutris/lutris/config.py", line 6, in <module>
    import yaml
ImportError: No module named 'yaml'

Install yaml?

Yes, you can find a full list of dependencies for Debian / Ubuntu in debian/control, for Fedora/OpenSuse in lutris.spec or for Arch here: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/lutris-git/

So, I got lutris0.4.0 working with the list of dependencies and PCSX2 works flawlessly with the custom executable in /usr/games

Update: I think I can say for sure, that the problem is the executable downloaded by lutris. If I just copy the executable, the espdiff and PCSX2-linux.sh from /usr/games to /home/cronyk/.locale/share/lutris/runners/pcsx2
everything works.

Edit:
So I submitted War of the Monsters on Lutris:
https://lutris.net/games/war-of-the-monsters/
But I have no idear about an Installerā€¦ Becauseā€¦ there is just a point to the ISO (Because itā€™s reccommended to create an .iso file of your (own!) PS2 game because it will boost performance.

1 Like

i need hel for this:The following i386 libraries are required but not installed on your system libOpenGL.so.0, libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0