Regarding Ragnarok Online with Wine

The English version of Ragnarok Online works exactly the same as other games, you open “Ragnarok.exe”, the patching window starts.

However, the Japanese version (and I believe Korean too apparently) has weird sequences of process.
When you open “Ragnarok.exe”, it opens up “Web Browser” which requires you to fill in a correct username and password then click “Start game” in the browser to actually open up the patcher.

This throws me a problem because in Lutris, the installation (even Japanese) went just fine. Though, at the web browser, clicking “start game” yields nothing. It just goes silence and the game won’t start.

So, at this point, I really have no idea what’s going on. Maybe Lutris doesn’t keep track of the web browser maybe ? (Oh, btw, I’m using Linux Mint 21.1 with Firefox pre-installed)

Wish I could launch it the same way as other games. Virtual Machine with Windows seems to take so much resources.

2 Likes

Me too, when “Sign in with Google” button clicked, games failed to launch a browser. Already trying this solution but with no luck :frowning:

Screenshot games failed to launch a browser