Red Dead Redemption II

Hello, I have been trying to launch RDR2 with Lutris 0.5.9.1 for a week, and I can’t find a way to play, I think I miss something, can somebody help ? (I’m french and new to Lutris) I have downloaded The DODI repack games v1491.50 with wine 9.12, 7.2, 7-43, proton 8-26 and every time, the game launch for ~1s and close. I have search many way to solve this issue but the topics are often old…

1491.50 works once setup properly. I suggest using newest Lutris v0.5.17 and then either use GE 8-12 or older. or… if you use the newest GE 8-26 in Lutris you MUST remove the ‘vulkan-1 (native)’ entry from ‘Wine configuration’ on ‘Libraries’ tab (in relation to the RDR2.exe entry there) otherwise it will stop the game from working and I also suggest using the Launcher.exe from ‘machine4578’ which you can get from FitGirl (it should work over your DODI 1491.50 since it’s essentially the same game data) as it makes it so you get the bonus content and remove the intro thing which I suspect can cause problems.

don’t start the game from RDR2.exe as you must use Launcher.exe otherwise it will throw a error every single time. but when I use the Launcher.exe (from machine4578) it works every time without issue but it does take about 35 seconds for the game to actually start on my 3rd gen i5 CPU (which runs at 3.5GHz under a heavy load). so 1436.28 was a bit better in that regard as it started up more quickly/normally, but the trade off is worth it given 1491.50 has official FSR2 support (one could use FSR2 on 1436.28 but required a mod which used the ‘NVIDIA DLSS’ option in the game itself) and works with stuff like Lenny’s Mod Loader which does not work on the previous 1436.28.