Red Dead Redemption 2 - Rockstar Games Launcher install script gone

Hello. About 3 weeks ago I noticed that the Red Dead Redemption 2 Rockstar Games Launcher install script has been removed and when trying to install Red Dead Redemption 2 with Lutris, the only options it gives is to install the Steam edition with Proton or The epic games launcher version. Does anyone know why it was removed and if someone still has the Rockstar Games Launcher version install script can you please upload it? I have been trying to install RDR2 without the launcher but I run into many issues. Thanks for all of your help!

1 Like

I’m curious about this as well. I am currently running Pop OS and was able to install the R* version of RDR2 a few months back without issue, but I wanted to switch to Fedora and figured I’d check the Lutris page but the R* installer is now gone :frowning:

1 Like

Just noticed this. I played RDR2 on Linux just fine about a year ago. Why would anyone now stop me from doing so again? This just seems completely nonsensical to me. I would love to see the R* Games Launcher Script back

Well, upon some research on archive.org I realised that the old install-script for RDR2 was the same as for the Rockstar Games Launcher. So installing the Rockstar Games Launcher now, is the same as installing RDR2 (R-Launcher Version) then. Sadly, there are issues with the newest version of the R-Launcher and RDR2 does not launch with the old one either. One can launch the game in the launcher, but no window actually appears(though the launcher thinks one is open)