Ran steam game trough Lutris, where are my saves?

I downloaded Kingmaker - Wrath of the Righteous through Steam, in compatibility mode to run using Proton. For some reason, this did not work. The game would simply not launch.

So i pointed Lutris to the install folder, put runner to “Wine”. This worked flawlessly, and the game ran and runs great. Now i am going to play a bit on my laptop while away, but i cant for the life of me figure out where the save games are stored.

Every googlesearch tells me saved files are stored at: c:\users[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Game

I have searched for drive_c, pathfinder and *.zks (save game files) but now i have no idea where else to look for the save games. I also tried saving a game with a specific name and search for that.

Config settings (everthing except directory is default settings):
Directory: /home/zepticon/Games/Blizzard/Steam/steamapps/common/Pathfinder Second Adventure/
Runner: Wine
Executable: /home/zepticon/Games/Blizzard/Steam/steamapps/common/Pathfinder Second Adventure/Wrath.exe
Prefix architecture: Auto
Wine version: lutris-6.1-3-x86_64
DXVK version: v1.8.1L

Generally, if a game writes its files to c:\users\username\appdata\local on Windows for example, it should be in the same path in your Wine prefix, starting with drive_c

However, to really see where they are, try this command:

find /home/zepticon -name ‘*.zks’

Note that the single quotes around the wildcard expression are necessary with the find command otherwise it would literally search for *.zks. Double quotes would also work in this case.

The wine prefix box in “game options” are empty without any path

If they are being stored, they’ll have to be somewhere that you have write access. Or is it possible for them to be in the Steam cloud and not local?

I would think that if there’s no path in the game options, the wine prefix may default to

/home/zepticon/.wine

Which is a hidden dot directory, however, the find command will go in those directories.

1 Like

Thanks! Found the save games now in the .wine folder :smiley: