Railway Empire - WineGE - Freezes while saving game

Hello Lutris team and Lutris community!
Thank you for Lutris: you’re the reason for which I’m returning to my Gentoo Linux :slight_smile:
About the issue: not sure whether or not is Lutris fault but while I’m playing Railway Empire - with Wine and GoG version since the Linux native on my distro doesn’t work - which works perfectly, as soon as I try to save or even delete a saved game within the game itself the game freezes.
Now while I’m in doubt it’s a Lutris fault (other option is wine of course): by using wine outside of Lutris… well the game has a whole bunch of graphicals issue :slight_smile: but the save game feature works. Of course I’m launching the wine on my system (the one used by Lutris, wine-ge-8.26, I don’t have idea where it could be) but of course from inside Lutris even setting my system wine as default wine, the game freezes anyway whenever trying saving.
Of course I checked the permissions of the folders (and parents too) of the save games and even tried to set as wineprefix for the game the default used by wine ($HOME/.wine) to no avail.

Thank you very much in advance and of course please do not hesitate to contact me in case of further details are needed.

Kind regards.

P.s.: here is the link to pastebin (please note that I’ve set Plain text but I added both the JSON generated by Lutris and the running log. You’ll find a tag at the beginning of each section):
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/5BPyhXxDP8/

Hello guys,

just to add the results of some test I’ve made:

• tried to remove every advanced features such as super res and the like
  • tried to set single core and of course disable the sync options
  • tried with the latest wine

Nothing good so now I guess the issue may be the line 1414 of the paste bin:

wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0000000000000000 at address 0000000140456D85 (thread 011c), starting debugger…

but I’m guessing here.

Last thing to try - I guess - is to use as games installation dir the same of the (wine default) wineprefix but it’s not the default behavior of Lutris and, also, I have two other games installed which are perfectly working.

No more ideas here :slight_smile:

Thank you again for any support.

Default suggestions:
You didn’t say which installer you used, if any. If the game doesn’t run at all, then try a different runner first - maybe go straight for Proton as the game has “just works” for many people on protonDB.
Just as important as I can’t see the info - up to date WINE staging and Lutris client :slight_smile:

As with some older titles, does it have a launcher or config program that needs to be run first?
Lastly, as you have other devices, set GPU in the systems option tab is set to the main display.