Problems launching epic games store

Okay i have no idea whats broken or how to fix it. but somehow esync seems to break launching the epic games store. i used apt purge wine and apt purge lutris and apt install wine and apt install lutris to completely reinstall since i was having so much problems with this. somehow every attempt seems to make my problems worse. i suspect there might be a driver or dependency issue or something. i’m having a lot of trouble with this.

the epic games launcher USED to launch fine, but it stopped launching games. so now i somehow broke it further trying to find the problem.

here’s the lutris debugging log. and below here is --submit-issue

https://pastebin.com/e7mh7QM9

1 Like

The link has expired, also you went the nuclear option to fast.

Most probably you are missing libraries, do you still have the original folder or are you reinstalling the store each time?

I haven’t run the Epic Store in a while, but I tried to load it tonight. It made me update, and so I let it. It took quite a few minutes on a black screen with a blue bar at the bottom… so long that I was tempted to close it, but then it did eventually open, so there is hope. It can work. IDK if there is problem on here with reposting. I put this information on a couple other threads related to Epic Game store.

I’m using mostly default settings in Lutris, but a few notables are:

.../epic-games-store/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Epic Games/Launcher/Portal/Binaries/Win32/EpicGamesLauncher.exe

with arguments

-opengl -SkipBuildPatchPrereq

Wine is lutris-fshack-6.13-3-x86_64 and is running in a 64-bit bottle.
DXVK/VKD3D is enabled (DXVK v1.10L). Xephyr fullscreen is on.

$ winetricks list-installed
Executing mkdir -p /home/apps/Lutris
------------------------------------------------------
warning: You are using a 64-bit WINEPREFIX. Note that many verbs only install 32-bit versions of packages. If you encounter problems, please retest in a clean 32-bit WINEPREFIX before reporting a bug.
------------------------------------------------------
Using winetricks 20220411-next - sha256sum: d23dbdf84a2f75b0cbb9608f9ba9d65ee23947fdf71be76115c9eb066b3b3100 with wine-6.14.r0.g069adfd1 ( TkG Staging Esync Fsync ) and WINEARCH=win64
w_workaround_wine_bug-24013
d3dcompiler_43
d3dcompiler_47
d3dx9
andale
arial
comicsans
courier
georgia
impact
times
trebuchet
verdana
webdings
corefonts

I don’t recall what resource I used to help me know how to install, sorry.

1 Like