Problem launching League of Legends

I’m running Lutris 0.3.7.5 on Debian Jessie 64bits

I’ve installed League of Legends but every time I launch the game I see the splash screen of the game followed by a BugSplat window alerting me about an error and giving me the option to sending a report.

Is there some tweaking needed to run the game?

What are your system specs? I updated the League of Legends installer a few weeks ago and it should install fine on Lutris. I changed the version of wine used to run the game a few days ago so it would prevent crashes in-game. Are you using the correct version (1.9.2-staging-lol)?

Hey,

I’d like to join this post since I’m having a similar problem like hilongo. Except when I try to launch the game, League of Legends splash screen shows up then it disappears and Lutris says in its window in the lower left corner, “Game has quit”.

I checked the system monitor to see which processes get started when I attempt to launch League of Legends, these came up:
explorer.exe
lol.launcher.exe
plugplay.exe
winedevice.exe
wineserver

moreover sometimes LoLPatcher.exe and other similar processes, plus rads_user_kernel also show up in the system monitor but they disappear seconds after launching the game.

Relevant software specs:
Lutris 0.3.7.5
Wine 1.9.2-staging-lol-i386
Nvidia 352.79
Debian 8.4.0 (Jessie) x64

Relevant hardware specs:
Intel Core2duo E8500
Nvidia GT 640 (O.C. edition)

This is a terminal output when I run Lutris from the terminal and attempt to launch League of Legends: http://dpaste.com/3A3N7C8

Edit:
After purging the proprietary Nvidia driver and trying to launch League of Legends, I also get the BugSplat window as hilongo described it.

Edit 2:
I reinstalled the Nvidia proprietary driver from the SteamOS repository following the guide on https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers and now League of Legends launches.

Perhaps someone should add “Proprietary Nvidia driver version 352.79 aborts the launch of the League of Legends patcher” to League of Legends’ known issues section or something. Just a suggestion though. Anyway, I hope if the people who will encounter this issue will find this post and may this solution work for them, too.

Update:
Although I could get the League of Legends client to run with the proprietary Nvidia driver from the SteamOS repository, the game crashes on the loading screen with BugSplat. I’m going to keep looking for solutions.

Update 2:
I gave League of Legends via PlayOnLinux a try, and I could get it to work. However, still, it’s not flawless. PlayOnLinux recommends Wine version 1.9.2-LeagueOfLegends5 by default, although I have a weird sound glitch in game above version 1.7.52-LeagueOfLegends5 – League of Legends dose run with this version of Wine though.

I’m done with the tests for now. I may continue testing Lutris’ Wine versions tomorrow or later during the week.

Hi there Druid3ka

I tried from scratch and reinstalled LoL … my systems specs are almost the same as you except for the grpahics card:

Lutris 0.3.7.5
Wine 1.9.2-staging-lol-i386
AMD Propietary Drivers 15.1
Debian 8.4.0 (Jessie) x64

The game now launches and updates itself. Everything seems to work clientwise, but it crashes at the loading stage of a match stating that “the client has disconnected” … If I close and relaunch the game … it warns me that the match I was in is still in progress and gives me the option to re-connect … failing over and over.

I stopped my testing there.

The game now launches and updates itself. Everything seems to work clientwise, but it crashes at the loading stage of a match stating that “the client has disconnected” … If I close and relaunch the game … it warns me that the match I was in is still in progress and gives me the option to re-connect … failing over and over.

I stopped my testing there.

I know the feeling. =\ That’s when I switched over to PlayOnLinux.

I know I’m resurrecting an old subject, but even when on POL (or Lutris as well nowdays I think), always use the wine LOL-staging version. Always get the best results with it.

The current LOL installer for Lutris is using this version :grin: