Play a game without opening Lutris itself?

I’ve been trying out Lutris, namely to install Wine games in their own prefixes so I can isolate them and have version control and such.

Basically though, I wanted to know if there was a way too launch a wine game installed through Lutris without having to open lutris itself.
IE, I install a game myself, no script, through Lutris and have it make a shortcut to the game on my desktop and just launch through that.
Currently it seems shortcuts to Games still have to open lutris.

Has anyone found out how to do this yet? I would also like to open the game without needing to open Lutris.

I know the way how to run games which were installed via Lutris through Midnnignt commander, or you you want to run them only using shortcuts ?

you could use

WINEPREFIX=/path/to/the/game /path/to/wine/folder/wine /path/to/the/game/drive_c/etc/etc/etc/game_executable.exe

Example with paths similar to what I use:

WINEPREFIX=~/Games/magic-the-gathering-arena "/home/USERNAME/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/tkg-4.1-x86_64/bin/wine64" "/home/USERNAME/Games/magic-the-gathering-arena/drive_c/Program Files/Wizards of the Coast/MTGA/MTGA.exe"

I used “” as a way to make my terminal understand spaces. I prefer that instead of just putting “Wizards\ of\ the\ Coast” and no quotes.

You could put all this text somewhere for future use or create a simple launcher. The differente being adding env WINEPREFIX=... instead of purely defining WINEPREFIX.

This method should work with all Wine games, but not Winesteam, since those methods would rely on opening Winesteam etc etc.

I may not be 100% correct on the method, but it should be along those lines.

Hmm I’ll try that out and get back to you, thanks for that.