PCSX2 - ubuntu 16.10

i tried to install metal gear solid 2 on ubuntu 16.10. i use the PCSX2 runner. when i click the icon to start the game, a window comes up with the following error message.
error missing shared library, error while loading shared libraries: libgobject-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Right, there are some libs that we can’t ship in the runtime as they cause too much issues, you’ll have to install the libglib2.0-0:i386 package (and maybe a few other ones related to 32bit GTK libs)

ok thx for the swift reply, seems u can help 2 ppl at the same time :slight_smile:

the configurator for PCSX2 starts up but there is one plugin missing: SPU2
i can propably download it somewhere and add it to the plugins folder, just letting you know what happend

all the plugins are here but it’s likely a missing lib that prevents the plugin to load properly, you can run the following to find out:

cd ~/.local/share/lutris/runners/pcsx2/plugins/
ldd libspu2x-2.0.0.so

Then look for a missing lib, you can also run this to make it more readable:

ldd libspu2x-2.0.0.so | grep "not found"

I worked around this problem by installing PCSX2 out of the ubuntu software center what installes all the dependencies and then simply directed Lutris to the runner.

thx for the reply, but how do you point lutris at the newly installed PCSXR?

PCSX2, not PCSXR (just a reminder that PCSXR will be removed in favor of PCSX Rearmed in Retroarch).

For most runners you can set the path to a custom binary when you open the runner options and check the advanced options checkbox.