Back to the main site

PCSX2 can't find i386 libraries

I am running ubuntu 20.04 and trying to use PCSX2 and whenever I try and launch a game I get the following error:
I know that these libraries are installed though and located in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
Is there a way to tell where PCSX2 is looking for these? Or where has anyone also have this issue or been able to fix it?

PCSX2 requires the 32 bits libraries (i386). The libraries installed on /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu are the 64 bits libraries. Once installed, you will find the i386 libraries in /usr/share/i386-linux-gnu.

$ find /usr -name libOpenGL.so.0
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libOpenGL.so.0
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOpenGL.so.

I went through the steps and verified that everything was also listed there and I am still getting the same error. I installed PCSX2 outside of Lutris and it does work so I am not sure what is broken in the Lutris runner configs for it.

You can run the following script to list the missing libraries for the PCSX2 executable:

#!/usr/bin/env sh

# missing-libs-i386.sh 

needed=$(readelf -d $1 | awk -F'[][]' '/NEEDED/{print $2}')
installed=$(sudo ldconfig -p | awk '/i386/ {print $1}' | sort -u)

for i in $needed
do
    print=1
    for j in $installed
    do
        if [ "$i" = "$j" ]; then
            print=0
            break
        fi
    done
    if [ $print -eq 1 ]; then
        echo "$i"
    fi
done

Just cd into Lutris’ PCSX2 directory and run this script with the PCSX2 executable as argument: missing-libs.i386.sh PCSX2.

In the meantime you can setup Lutris to use your system’s PCSX2 by setting up a custom executable path for the runner.

Thank you for that, I doesn’t currently return any missing packages. I will just have to tell Lutris to use my systems PCSX2 setup instead of the one it is using.