Origin wont load

after logging in origin will freeze and wont load (i even had it open overnight)

i am using arch linux with dwm but the problem also happened on kde plasma.

lutris -d:

I’ll assume you tried again. If Origin won’t launch (often during/after updates) I’ll do “Kill all Wine processes” for the game and try again. It may work on the second, or even third try.

If Origin is broken, running the update script manually replaces files and that often fixes it. Make sure it’s not running, and go to your prefix and in drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Origin you should find a script, updateorigin.sh

Run it in a terminal, like ./updateorigin.sh and let it blast on the latest Origin files it extracts from the downloaded installer. Note: be sure to run it from that directory because it defaults to CWD, if not specified.

Also, for Origin, you may run afoul of some other 32 bit dependencies that might not be apparent with other applications.

Arch: lib32-gnutls lib32-libldap lib32-libgpg-error lib32-libxml2 lib32-alsa-plugins lib32-sdl2 lib32-freetype2 lib32-dbus lib32-libgcrypt libgcrypt

This usually results in Origin not launching at all though, but check it anyway.

P.S. I didn’t know the forum was going to display that md file in a frame, I just wanted to post a link and that one relevant line for Arch.

P.P.S. I’ll also mention, don’t disable IPV6 on your kernel command line. Origin will not work correctly (won’t download anything, and errors out like it’s a UAC permissions problem)

Thanks, ive tried running the updateorigin.sh but i get this

Please run this script again with the correct WINEPREFIX
or cd to your Origin directory and run the script there.

i was in the origin directory when running it
~/Games/origin/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Origin/
Edit: yeah ive installed the 32 bit dependancies.