Back to the main site

Origin wont install games, or even begin to download

i’ve used origin about 5-6 months ago via lutris install script and while it opened about 10 black windows whenever origin was launched, i was at least able to close them and download/install/launch games.

now on the very same setup i used previously, using the install script for mass effect andromeda to install the origin client, it installs, im able to launch it (and it’s mess of windows with it) and login just fine.

after logging in im greeted with something like “origin cant install games here” and asks that i choose a different directory which i do and when i try to now go and download/install the game i get a “your download has been paused” which it has not because it never even got started, nor was there a place i could answer “yes” to give permission.

system info:

~ >>> inxi -SGxz                                                                                        
System:    Host: dglt-aw Kernel: 5.3.8-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.2.0 
           Desktop: Awesome 4.3 Distro: Manjaro Linux 
Graphics:  Device-1: Intel HD Graphics 530 vendor: Dell driver: i915 v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0 
           Device-2: NVIDIA GM107M [GeForce GTX 960M] vendor: Dell driver: nvidia v: 430.40 
           bus ID: 02:00.0 
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.5 driver: modesetting,nvidia resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz 
           OpenGL: renderer: GeForce GTX 960M/PCIe/SSE2 v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 430.40 direct render: Yes 
  • prefix is in a ~/home sub-directory so it’s not permission issues
  • i’ve tried using directories inside the prefix and also outside of it, same result.
  • if i install the origin client without the lutris script (manually), i still get the same problem.
  • im aware the numerous windows opening with the origin client are partially due to me using a window manager (awesome), those little windows in the image used to all open as full tiles :man_facepalming:

any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Have you tried with esync off? My Origin wont update with esync enabled, might be related or not… Have you tried with another Wine versions?

i’ll try with esync off and see how it goes. i’ve tried many different wine/proton versions

edit: unfortunately not :frowning_face:

same problem with me. did anyone found a fix?