Orgin won't open

Done a fresh install of Ubuntu 20.04 and now orgin won’t open at all.used to work on a previous Ubuntu version 19.10.

Specs are amd Ryzen 1600x
Sapphire r9 380x
16gb 3000mhz ram
256gb wd black nvme
5tb segate barracuda
Gigabyte ab350 gaming 3

log file Running gamemoderun /home/dmcm/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-6.0-x86_64/bin/wine /mnt/extra-storage/Lutris/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Origin/Origin.exe
Initial process has started with pid 124992
Start monitoring process.
ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/$LIB/libgamemodeauto.so.0’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/$LIB/libgamemodeauto.so.0’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
esync: up and running.
wine: Unhandled exception 0xc0000417 in thread 78 at address 7B010C76 (thread 0078), starting debugger…
Monitored process exited.
Initial process has exited (return code: 5888)
All monitored processes have exited.
Exit with returncode 5888

tried using an older runner but nothing.

I believe installing the 32bit library will fix the gamemode error. I inow for sure that this isn’t the issue for Origin crashing as I recently installed it on Arch and ran it semi-successfully with the error. Although Origin crashes after a while even with the latest everything. GloriousEggroll’s custom Proton seems to have improvements for Origin, although I haven’t tried it yet. I will try it later and write an update here. Github downloads with 200kb/s for me so wish me luck lol

Did you fixed?

I recent bought a AMD gpu and none games won’t opened here, to fix it in lutris I need to put a var NODEVICE_SELECT=1 in environments variables, try this…

1 Like

I managed to get origin working on my pc but took off Ubuntu and installed manjaro and so far it’s seems to working it’ stops responding now and agains. only tested command and conquer 3 which seems to play but will test more over the next few days and report back.