Back to the main site

No syncing of native steam games. Solution Found!

When opening the “Import games”, and selecting Steam, the circle in the middle start spinning, but nothing happens. I waited around 15 minutes with no avail. Wine Steam works fine, GOG and Linux games too.
Here’s what appears when I open Lutris trough the terminal:

2019-07-04 23:27:13,778: Error while completing task <function LutrisWindow.sync_services..full_sync at 0x7fc2b00afbf8>: [Errno 5] Input/output error
<class ‘OSError’> [Errno 5] Input/output error
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/util/jobs.py”, line 30, in target
result = self.function(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/gui/lutriswindow.py”, line 302, in full_sync
games = syncer.load()
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/services/steam.py”, line 120, in load
app_manifest = AppManifest(os.path.join(steamapps_path, appmanifest_file))
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/util/steam/appmanifest.py”, line 45, in init
self.appmanifest_data = vdf_parse(appmanifest_file, {})
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/util/steam/vdf.py”, line 10, in vdf_parse
line = steam_config_file.readline()
2019-07-04 23:27:13,779: Sync failed: [Errno 5] Input/output error

Edit 06/07/19: I secure erased the SSD, wiped the whole thing and installed Manjaro. The problem Remains. I was on Kubuntu previously. This is my current log: https://pastebin.com/RZHy1NSV

Edit Again: The problem was an appmanifest file of a Steam game that was installed on a second hard drive, got corrupted. Causing the error here shown. By simply removing that file (and the game) Lutris began to work again as it should.
Joy!