No One Lives Forever GOTY with Widscreen doesn't install

Xubuntu 18.04. Trying to install /No One Lives Forever Game of the Year Install with Widescreen Patch.exe. After I select installation directory and click install it just hangs
Will try on my Ubuntu 16.04 machine later tonight

I tried downloading the install script and using this command also: lutris -i /home/jeff/Downloads/no-one-lives-forever-goty.json

The installer was broken, it didn’t have an URL for the installer file, nor was it prompting the user to provide it, I’ve now fixed that.

WOW thanks that was fast and worked.

correction…worked in 16.04
xubuntu 18.04 didnt work however I could not install wine staging in 18.04. I think packages still need to catch up to 18.04.

Xubuntu 18.04 works fine after replacing failing hard drive…however, Wine 1.7.29 was newest version this game works. Maybe someone will figure out the sound.

I got the sound working PERFECT cutscenes n all. Had to launch with dxwnd I have no idea how to incorporate this into Lutris

That’s very interesting!

I can provide assistance to get this in Lutris, I’ve been wanting to provide a proper installer for years!

Here are 2 short vid. One demonstrates working sound, other shows DXWnd configuration

That’s strange, I managed to get it running through DXWnd but I get the exact same audio glitches as I usually get.

Well, the plot sickens.
On Dell Latitude 3460 Xubuntu 18.04
first got it working with DXWnd. Then system wine 3.0. and now Lutris with wine 3.0runner works without DXWnd
Interestingly, The winetricks is different from system wine 3.0 versus Lutris wine 3.0

On Acer R7 Ubuntu 16.04
first got working with DXWnd. Then system wine. wine 1.6.2
right now I am trying to get it to work with Lutris wine staging 3.7-x86_64

Lutris in system options for game, had to click Disable Lutris Runtime and Disable process monitor

In Ubuntu 16.04 wine 1.6.2 the cutscenes ended a little too soon cut off the end but everything smooth as silk sound

Here is winetricks Xubuntu 18.04 Lutris wine 3.0runner (wine 3.0 is also system wine that machine)

d3dx9
devenum
dirac
directx9
dmband
dmcompos
dmime
dmloader
dmscript
dmstyle
dmsynth
dmusic
dmusic32
dsound
dswave
ffdshow
i3codecx
mfc40
mfc42
msvcirt
quartz
vcrun2008
vcrun6
vcrun6sp6

I did not click all of those. Some of them showed up clicked after clicking something else

In the vid I am showin system winetricks using DXWnd launcher.

Bwahahahaha got it working perfect sound Lutris wine staging 3.7-x86_64 Ubuntu 16.04

Winetricks
d3dx9
devenum
dirac
directx9
dmband
dmcompos
dmime
dmloader
dmscript
dmstyle
dmsynth
dmusic
dsound
dswave
ffdshow
mfc42
mscvcirt
vcrun2008
vcrun6

Posted another vid on Fun Linux Laptop youtube channel. Named NolfLutriswinestaging3
showing deminstration of Ubuntu 16.04 Lutris winestaging 3.7-x86_64 working cutscenes no stuttering sound. Now hopefully someone can replicate this and this can be (solved) although it was solved for me as far as the title of this thread when I got it to install with choppy sound <(")

Tomorrow I will get Xubuntu 18.04 Lutris wine staging 3.7… working and try to shrink winetricks config

Dell Latitude 3460
Xubuntu 18.04
System Wine 3.0.1

Winetricks.log
winxp
dsound
dmusic
directx9
msvcirt
vcrun2008
dirac
devenum
dmband
dmcompos
dmime
dmloader
dmscript
dmstyle
dmsynth
dmusic32
dswave
quartz
directmusic

runner wine staging 3.7-x86_64

No choppy sound and music working purrrrrfect
I DID have to install system wine to get it to work
:smiley: <(")

and suggest penguin emogi for forum LOL

Excellent! I got the game to work flawlessly too by installing the same winetricks dependencies.

Now, I’ll try reducing those to the absolute minimum and I’ll update the installer :slight_smile:

Hi. Having an issue trying to get this running. I install from the Nolfrevival.tk version script, which seems to install without any errors. When I run it, the game launcher appears and I select my screen prefs (1440, 32bit). Then trying to start the game proper, the screen ‘judders’ like something is starting, then it goes back to showing the play button as available in Lutris.

My system:
Arch X11/KDE 5.23.5, mesa 21.3.5-1, runner = wine fshack 6.21-6-x86_64, system wine 7.0
Hardware: Ryzen 2600, GPU = AMD RX 6800 XT, monitor 1440p at 165 Hz

How do I go about finding the issue?

I did have this working on an Xubuntu 20.04 system recently a was super pleased, but that also seems to be suffering the same issue now. Not sure what changed.