[GUIDE] Skyrim LE Modding on Linux

Hi guys I wrote a small guide for a friend on how to get a modded Skyrim environment set up on Linux using Linux Steam / DXVK / ModOrganizer / LOOT / FNIS… with a modified Proton script which you guys may find useful.

However, getting ENB to work on my system is kicking my butt. I wonder if anyone has managed to get that working on their system with either Lutris or native Steam and could share your ideas? *fistbump

1 Like

Looks nice I will try it at the weekend. I tried last week but i have some problems with Vortex some folder are Textures other textures in windows its fine but under Linux not.

Unfortunately I get MO telling me it can’t handle 64 bit binaries. Though there also was an error on getting vcrun2017 installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The protontricks menu though says that vcrun2017 is already installed.

Hello there. I’ve not played in a while, but I did notice that later versions of Proton are having issues allowing Mod Organizer to run 64 bit .exe. So, I set Skyrim to use “Proton 4.11-13” and followed my guide again, and it seems to work without issue. Maybe you can give that a test and let me know how it goes?

1 Like

I can confirm that dxvk + enb 262 work together on both linux and windows. Any higher and i get a black screen. I also can make merges from zmerge using vortex backporting. Assuming You have setup vortex on linux, First Install mods via import or manually and deploy them. Then To make zmerges portable make sure you check “copy general assets”. When you are done building merges, Zip up your merges and install like any other mod in Mod Organizer 1. Be sure to purge your deployed setup as well. I have made posts on r/skyrimmods as hart021 on this topic extensively.