Back to the main site

MircoM8 runner does not seem to work

I installed the MicroM8 runner and tried to manually configure an Apple II game by selecting the runner and pointing it to an Apple II floppy. Debug output shows a “No game found in library” error, but no indication of specifically what file it is looking for that it can’t find.

~$ lutris -d lutris:rungame/10
2021-10-10 18:18:51,525: Initializing lutris
2021-10-10 18:18:52,016: Downloading DXVK releases to /home/********/.local/share/lutris/runtime/dxvk/dxvk_versions.json
2021-10-10 18:18:52,017: Runtime updated. Initialization complete.
INFO 2021-10-10 18:18:52,019 [application.do_command_line:315]:Lutris 0.5.8.3
INFO 2021-10-10 18:18:52,019 [startup.check_driver:57]:Running Intel Mesa driver 21.2.1 on Mesa Intel(R) Xe Graphics (TGL GT2) (0x9a49)
INFO 2021-10-10 18:18:52,019 [startup.check_driver:69]:GPU: 8086:9A49 1558:51A1 (i915 drivers)
MESA-INTEL: warning: Performance support disabled, consider sysctl dev.i915.perf_stream_paranoid=0

WARNING 2021-10-10 18:18:52,115 [application.do_command_line:455]:No game found in library
INFO 2021-10-10 18:18:52,115 [application.do_shutdown:598]:Shutting down Lutris
INFO 2021-10-10 18:18:52,118 [application.do_shutdown:598]:Shutting down Lutris

1 Like

I figured out that I was running incorrectly when trying to obtain the debug output above. The real issue is that the downloaded microm8 binary does not have the exec attribute set. The workaround, after downloading the runner, is to chmod a+x ~/.local/share/lutris/runners/microm8/microm8.