MAME Roms List

I am tring Lutris with MAME.

As far as I can see, I need to specify every ROM to Lutris manually, in order to get a game listed.
Is this right?

Can’t Lutris import directly from MAME output?

-rsd

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean. Search for the game you have on lutris.net, choose install and browse for the ROM file. That’s all there is to it.

I was hoping for a better frontend handling the titles for a unified game manager.
I understand now that it is better handling steam/wine than anything else, right?

$ ls /opt/games/MAME/roms/ | wc -l

Um… That’s what Lutris is. I think you meant a unified MAME manager. I don’t know of one.

Lutris goes into deep lenghts to parse Steam pages for the game collection and the installed base.
As MAME is simpler, just an command parse, I was hoping for a similar experience.
OTOH, if the effort is direct to get better wine integration, I can live with that.
-rsd

I agree with you, at least a way of importing a list of working titles from one MAME frontend, as it can be QMC2 would be great, and not so much work to implement.

And then add the Lutris “magic” to it as treating each ROM as a game with all the configuration options you can imagine.