Lutris with wine wayland

Hi everyone, I was wondering is possible to use this wine https://github.com/varmd/wine-wayland
as a main wine client for the pc (dependencies and stuff) with lutris and use the custom wine build of lutris for playing opengl titles? (as the time of writing wine-wayland does not support opengl, just dxvk/vulkan). Oh and speaking of wayland, I recently manually updated the web-runner (electron) as in the lastest release 12.0.1 they added support for wayland (native not xwayland) by adding this arguments to the electron binary --enable-features=UseOzonePlatform --ozone-platform=wayland, works flawlessly on the terminal but I havent found a way to do it on lutris? (and no, the integrated argument options in lutris put the argument after the complete command not after the electron executable). thanks in advise.

2 Likes

I too am interested in the answer to this!

you don’t actually need wine to be installed on the system, just wine’s dependencies, so this seems doable.

probably just a matter of uninstalling wine from your system, trying to boot up an opengl wine game, then seeing if you accidentally removed dependencies lutris-wine needs along with wine when you removed it

I will try it

Hi guys long time no see, after searching I have finally found a way to use wine-wayland on lutris (with all of its limitations) just go to File folder on MEGA and download the lastest wine-wayland available you could also download it from here Releases · varmd/wine-wayland · GitHub but then you will have to decompress it (not particulary hard but less straight forward) after downloading the xz file from mega decompress it and copy the folder (should be named wine-6.15-wayland-amd64 at the time of writing) to ‘~/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/’ then create a new wineprefix to avoid bugs select it and choose the wine wayland version as your version of wine, now comes the tricky part if you launch the game as it is it will render at 1920x1080 no matter the setup (I have a 1366x768 screen and still render it at 1080p) without scaling it, so t avoid that we must go to system options, enviroment variables, and write this WAYLAND_DISPLAY=wayland-0, WINE_VK_WAYLAND_HEIGHT=768 (this is in MY case if you have a 1080p monitor write 1080, 4k is 2160) and WINE_VK_WAYLAND_WIDTH=1366 (same as before write YOUR monitor width), and now it should work. Disclaimers it is not perfect, I tried firs Yu-Gi-Oh pro es and it displayed the game outside of the window (kind of like smplayer on a wayland session) but on worldbox it just works so your experience may varie depending on the game, if you want to fullscreen the game press F11 or write this variable WINE_VK_ALWAYS_FULLSCREEN=1, this are all the variables I have found:
export WINEDEBUG
export WINE_VK_WAYLAND_WIDTH
export WINE_VK_WAYLAND_HEIGHT
export MANGOHUD
export MANGOHUD_CONFIG
export WINEDLLOVERRIDES
export WINE_VK_FULLSCREEN_GRAB_CURSOR
export WINE_VK_VULKAN_ONLY
export WINE_VK_USE_FSR
export XCURSOR_SIZE
export WINE_VK_USE_CUSTOM_CURSORS
export WINE_VK_ALWAYS_FULLSCREEN
export WINEFSYNC
export WINEESYNC
good luck (sorry for bad english)

also on that mega folder is the collabora version of wine wayland but its old (6.2 when I checked it) so it only supports opengl