Lutris Is Not Starting

I Have Installed Lutris From Play Deb Repository On Ubuntu 16.04. After Installation When I Tried To Start It, It Just Wouldn’t Start. After Running lutris In The Terminal I Get The Following Error Message
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/games/lutris”, line 27, in
locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, locale.getlocale())
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/locale.py”, line 594, in setlocale
return _setlocale(category, locale)
locale.Error: unsupported locale setting

I suppose you are using Ubuntu repos ? Did you followed the steps posted on the download page of lutris ?

I understand that Lutris is not up to date on the ubuntu repo and you should use the open suse repos instead.

Here are the commands.
ver=$(lsb_release -sr); if [ $ver != “16.10” -a $ver != “17.04” -a $ver != “16.04” ]; then ver=16.04; fi

echo “deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/strycore/xUbuntu_$ver/ ./” | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/lutris.list

wget -q http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/strycore/xUbuntu_$ver/Release.key -O- | sudo apt-key add -

I had the same issue with another distro not using an up to date version of Lutris.

Let me know how this works out for you

@Vampyre

The Command You Gave Are :disappointed: Sadly Not Working.
(I Get The Following Error :-
E: Type ‘“deb’ is not known on line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/lutris.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.
E: Type ‘“deb’ is not known on line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/lutris.list

After Fixing That I Got The Following Error:-
E: Malformed entry 1 in list file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/lutris.list (Suite)
E: Malformed entry 1 in list file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/lutris.list (Suite)
)
But I Took Your Advice Of Getting The Install Instructions From The Official Download Page. But I Am Still Getting The Same Error.

@Vampyre
I Tried Something Else. After Download The tar.gz Version I Edited bin/lutris
And Removed The Following Line:-
locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, locale.getlocale())
And :smile: It Is Working !