Lutris is not letting me set custom settings for Desktop Integration (under wine configuration)

Hello, Lutris is not letting me set custom settings for Desktop Integration (under wine configuration)

When I click “ok”, the window closes and settings go back to default (I checked)

Just a guess, but refusing to make a symbolic link with the same source and destination?

Try doing one or the other, set the path OR “Link to” it.

P.S. Sorry, that’s me not understanding how that dialog worked. Link to is how the path is set (it creates a link). I booted up my system with Lutris and it’s not saving that setting for me either.

You can always manually create the symbolic link.

For example, I have my Lutris wine prefixes in /storage2/shit/lutrisgames

So for example, If I were to:

cd /storage2/shit/lutrisgames/cyberpunk2077/drive_c/users/grogan
rmdir “My Documents”
ln -s /home/grogan/Documents “My Documents”

That’s ln -s (source) (destination)

(in quotes, because of the space)

The My Documents directory would need to be empty for rmdir, you can use "rm -r “My Documents” if it isn’t and you still want to delete it.

That would make My Documents point to /home/grogan/Documents.

There is a way to do it but I haven’t focused on it enough to remember it well. Think it might have been if you use winecfg outside of lutris with the prefix that it does save but don’t quote me on that. There is something but not 100% sure it was that.

You can also try through winetricks in Lutris as it allows one to open winecfg also. That might be it. Problem with too many ways lol.

Thanks to both of you for your help :slight_smile: