Lutris hangs on launching indefinitely

I had an issue with snap and steam so I had to reinstall steam via apt-get install after removing it through the software install GUI.

After the install now my lutris install is bugged. Playing anything just hangs at launching indefinitely.

the Lutris -d output is here lutris -d output - Pastebin.com

It looks like this actually,

but the recommended fix wont work. (The file the fix’s code changed was totally different around the marked area now.)

All I’ve done so far is reinstall lutris through apt-get instead of snap. (Snap appears to be trash so I won’t use it anymore.) I was hoping it would completely rip out the old install and drop a new one in but there appears to be no difference.

O̵K̵ ̵I̵ ̵g̵a̵v̵e̵ ̵u̵p̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵j̵u̵s̵t̵ ̵r̵e̵i̵n̵s̵t̵a̵l̵l̵e̵d̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵ ̵e̵n̵t̵i̵r̵e̵ ̵O̵S̵.̵ ̵E̵v̵e̵r̵y̵t̵h̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵w̵o̵r̵k̵s̵ ̵p̵e̵r̵f̵e̵c̵t̵l̵y̵ ̵n̵o̵w̵.̵

̵T̵h̵e̵ ̵i̵s̵s̵u̵e̵ ̵I̵ ̵g̵u̵e̵s̵s̵ ̵w̵a̵s̵,̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵r̵e̵ ̵m̵u̵s̵t̵ ̵b̵e̵ ̵s̵o̵m̵e̵ ̵f̵i̵l̵e̵s̵ ̵t̵h̵a̵t̵ ̵l̵u̵t̵r̵i̵s̵ ̵i̵n̵s̵t̵a̵l̵l̵s̵ ̵t̵h̵a̵t̵ ̵p̵o̵i̵n̵t̵ ̵a̵t̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵ ̵s̵t̵e̵a̵m̵ ̵i̵n̵s̵t̵a̵l̵l̵a̵t̵i̵o̵n̵.̵ ̵F̵o̵r̵ ̵w̵h̵a̵t̵ ̵e̵v̵e̵r̵ ̵r̵e̵a̵s̵o̵n̵ ̵u̵n̵i̵n̵s̵t̵a̵l̵l̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵l̵u̵t̵r̵i̵s̵ ̵v̵a̵r̵i̵o̵u̵s̵ ̵w̵a̵y̵s̵ ̵d̵o̵e̵s̵n̵’̵t̵ ̵r̵e̵m̵o̵v̵e̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵m̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵r̵e̵i̵n̵s̵t̵a̵l̵l̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵d̵o̵e̵s̵n̵’̵t̵ ̵c̵h̵a̵n̵g̵e̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵m̵.̵ ̵I̵’̵m̵ ̵g̵u̵e̵s̵s̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵w̵h̵a̵t̵e̵v̵e̵r̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵ ̵p̵r̵o̵b̵l̵e̵m̵ ̵w̵a̵s̵ ̵i̵n̵v̵o̵l̵v̵e̵d̵ ̵l̵u̵t̵r̵i̵s̵ ̵l̵o̵o̵k̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵i̵n̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵ ̵w̵r̵o̵n̵g̵ ̵s̵p̵o̵t̵ ̵f̵o̵r̵ ̵s̵t̵e̵a̵m̵ ̵s̵i̵n̵c̵e̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵ ̵l̵o̵c̵a̵t̵i̵o̵n̵ ̵o̵f̵ ̵s̵t̵e̵a̵m̵ ̵w̵a̵s̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵ ̵o̵n̵l̵y̵ ̵t̵h̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵t̵h̵a̵t̵ ̵s̵h̵o̵u̵l̵d̵ ̵o̵f̵ ̵c̵h̵a̵n̵g̵e̵d̵.̵ ̵(̵M̵a̵y̵b̵e̵ ̵s̵n̵a̵p̵ ̵i̵s̵ ̵j̵u̵s̵t̵ ̵s̵h̵i̵t̵t̵i̵e̵r̵ ̵t̵h̵a̵n̵ ̵I̵ ̵t̵h̵o̵u̵g̵h̵t̵ ̵t̵h̵o̵u̵g̵h̵.̵)̵

Nope it’s still fucked after a full reinstall of the OS and everything.

After I restarted I’m getting the exact same error.

I’m not sure what to do now that its most likely a bug in Lutris.