Linux / Lutris limited viewing angle / camera&mouse blocked

Hello everybody,

I wanted to finally get rid of win10 and therefore have its last right to exist, WoWs :wink: on Linux Mint 19.1 via Lutris / Wine installed.

The game starts, works so far and runs very smoothly.

I still have a very strange bug: I can not move the mouse freely.

I am always trapped in a corridor.

For example: Sometimes you can only see over the bow to starboard halfway and thus only align the guns there, then itā€™s another area and then later another narrow area is blocked.
Totally strange.

The view behaves like a restricted Torpebo-shooting range that you can not leave ā€¦ so it is not really playable.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix that?

This is a fairly common Wine problem in my experienceā€¦ Mouse doesnā€™t properly get captured by the game and behaves like in the desktop (limiting the area you can move it to a fixed rectangle). IIRC, it usually starts working after you enable autocapture in winecfg (and if it doesnā€™t then alt-tabbing several times might fix it)

Hey,
thank you for your answer.
Indeed the box is unchecked.
I did not ā€œdareā€ to change the wine settings since itā€™s sad that Lutris brings in the perfect settings for each game by itself.

In the meantime it seems that the error is gone by changing the wine version .
For whatever reason it was set to tkg-osu-4.0, after changing it to 4.6 , the error was gone.

Greetings

Unfortunately, thereā€™s no such thing as ā€˜perfectā€™ in the world.
In Lutris, people make install scripts that seem to produce working results, and theyā€™re accepted as long as they seem to work for others as well. Still, some problems are caused by differences in hardware and/or environment, and thus arenā€™t easily discovered. So thereā€™s no reason to abstain from touching settings if they can fix a problem youā€™ve encountered (at the very least when the change is reversibleā€¦ but even if it isnā€™t, nothing is stopping you from removing a botched install and make a clean one again).