Libretro Dolphine Core X Error: BadMatch

Hello, I have been trying to get the Dolphin core for Libretro working. I have been messing with it for a little while and at this point it will open a window for dolphin for a few seconds before crashing. The only error I have found in the log at the end is this:

X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  152 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  26 (X_GLXMakeContextCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  70
  Current serial number in output stream:  70
[libretro INFO] 56:57:898 Common/FileUtil.cpp:269 I[COMMON]: Rename: /home/________/pokemon-colosseum/.xxx --> 
[libretro INFO] 56:57:062 Common/FileUtil.cpp:269 I[COMMON]: Rename: /home/_______/pokemon-colosseum/.xxx --> 
[libretro INFO] 56:57:113 Common/FileUtil.cpp:269 I[COMMON]: Rename: /home/________/pokemon-colosseum/.xxx --> 
[libretro INFO] 56:57:138 Common/FileUtil.cpp:269 I[COMMON]: Rename: /home/________/pokemon-colosseum/.xxx --> 
[libretro INFO] 56:57:162 Common/FileUtil.cpp:269 I[COMMON]: Rename: /home________/pokemon-colosseum/.xxx --> 
[INFO] [RCHEEVOS]: got game id 0
[INFO] [RCHEEVOS]: this game doesn't feature achievements
[INFO] [RCHEEVOS]: Load task finished
Monitored process exited.
Initial process has exited (return code: 256)
All processes have quit
Exit with return code 256

(I shortened the file path replaced my name with the ________)

I tried a few things online with adjusting the xorg.conf with no difference, it is possible I need more help with that but based on my troubleshooting I don’t think so.

The reason I do not think that the xorg.conf file is the issue is because I installed Dolphin manually and when I open it I can run this same game file just fine. It just seems to be the Dolphin core in Libretro that is having issues.

I am on Ubuntu 20.04
CPU: Intel Pentium G620 (2) @ 2.600GHz (if you want to roast my potato, go ahead)

Any tips or recommendations would be appreciated.

1 Like