League of Legends not working anymore

Hello guys, i hope someone can help me. I have the problem, that league stopped working like 2 weeks ago. I had a working installation with the lutris-ge-lol-6.16-4-x86_64 runner, where i only had the problem of the corrupted DXVK cache from time to time, even tho i set the environment variables to not use the cache, but when it happened, it always was fixed by toggling dx9-legacy mode once.
But now everytime i start a game, i just have a blackscreen. Toggling dx9-legacy mode does nothing.

Then i saw there is a new version of the lutris installer script and a new runner (lutris-ge-lol-7.0-2-x86_64) available, so i did a fresh install of the game. When installing it opened the windows of the riot client installer, where you can say “install” or “advanced options”, but after clicking install and downloading/installing the game, the login window didn’t show up. Only the riot client icon appeared in the system tray. I was then able to complete the installation by right-clicking on that icon and exiting the client. But now when i start the freshly installed game, the riot client won’t show up, only the icon in the system tray shows up. I tried using the ge-lol7.0.1 runner, but it produces the same result.

Log output of starting the new install (riot client won’t show up): https://pastebin.com/3Cji24Jw
Log output of the old, previously working install (let it run until i got into a match, which resulted in black screen again): old-install-output - Pastebin.com

Thank you very much for everyone who can help me with this.

3 Likes

riot client always shows for me after a delay, but once ive used it to open the league client i have to close the riot client to be able to enter a game, otherwise i also get black screen. it’s weird, but consistent

Do you mean just close the client, or exit it completely? I tried to exit the client, but it shows a message that league is still running and the riot client can’t be exited. Then the riot client “closes” itself into the system tray. Sadly it didn’t work and i still only have a black screen.

The issue has been resolved by some updates today.
But still only the v6 runner is fixed, v7 still won’t even open.

I have the same problem, can you tell me what version you are using? I am currently on
Lutris-GE-lol-p8-12

Im also having the same problem and im also using the same runner. Any updated?

same issue, the game doesn’t load anymore

1 Like

Same as above. I’ve tried lutris-ge-lol-8.7.1-x86_64 (this one was working fine before the last update).
And also lutris-ge-lol-p8-12-x86_64. No luck. :frowning:

The reconnect issue is on Riots side, it was already addressed on reddit that not only Linux users have this problem.

1 Like

Thanks, for the info. Can you share a link to follow?

Samesies here, hoping for a solution!

1 Like

do you have that link (reddit)?

Reddit thread is here: https://old.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/18094qx/patch_1323_bug_megathread/
Seems like Riot fixed it for windows users. But some people are still working on a fix for Linux - seems like Riot upgraded Leagues anticheat (no they didn’t implement Vanguard) Should take some time since it is an anticheat it’s hard to reverse engineer.

Source is the League of Linux Discord/Proton-GE Discord

Hi Everyone, im new to linux, just got Pop OS installed and trying to install League. i assume that the error im getting is related to this?

Started initial process 2806 from /home/mike/.var/app/net.lutris.Lutris/data/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-ge-lol-p8-12-x86_64/bin/wine /home/mike/Games/league-of-legends/drive_c/windows/explorer.exe /home/mike/.var/app/net.lutris.Lutris/cache/lutris/installer/league-of-legends/lol_installer/live.euw.exe
Start monitoring process.
fsync: up and running.
wine: RLIMIT_NICE is <= 20, unable to use setpriority safely
Initial process has exited (return code: 0)

(wine:3125): GStreamer-WARNING **: 21:05:08.292: Failed to load plugin ‘/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/libgstqsv.so’: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/libgstqsv.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

it looks like it!

Sadly rn we can just wait :c (or help if you can)

I do not think so. From your log, I see you have an installer issue, and we have a game/match issue, not the launcher. Basically, you should be able to open the launcher without the issues, but not the game.

even with that error, the launcher opens but i cannot log in.