League Of Legends Game Client does not start

Attempting to use new platinum version of the installer/game “Vsyscall32 override w/d9vk version”
League Client installs fine; I go to join a new game, but after champ select the Game Client opens and closes within a second. After this, the League Client shows the “reconnect” button. Clicking this just repeats the issue, with the Game Client opening and closing in a second.

debug output: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/JXTTyXVbjR/

$ lsb_release -a

• No LSB modules are available.
  • Distributor ID: Ubuntu
  • Description: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
  • Release: 18.04
  • Codename: bionic

$ uname -a

• Linux work 5.0.0-32-generic #34~18.04.2-Ubuntu SMP Thu Oct 10 10:36:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ cat /proc/sys/abi/vsyscall32

Graphics Card – NVIDIA GM206GLM [Quadro M2200 Mobile]; Using NVIDIA driver metapackage from nvidia-driver-435 (open source)

This runner was added just eight hours ago. :slight_smile:

A user schwake posted exact the same issue in the comments. He used an appimage to make it work. Then a user gshulegaard made a comment to make the following change to the file sysctl.conf.

$ sudo bash -c 'echo "abi.vsyscall32 = 0" >> /etc/sysctl.conf && sysctl -p'

Which adds the text abi.vsyscall32 = 0 into this file and when that succeeds runs the command sysctl -p to load the config.

WARNING: sysctl is a tool to change kernel variables on the fly. A very powerful tool.

You can also use this command without writing it to the config and making it persistent. When something goes wrong then a reboot would be enough to undo the changes. When persisted in the config it will be there every time:

sysctl -w abi.vsyscall32 = 0

See this page for more information:
http://go2linux.garron.me/linux/2011/02/introduction-and-how-sysctl-linux-900/

The Lutris game thread:

Thanks, but I already applied those settings, the result of which is the “/proc/sys/abi/vsyscall32” file having a value of 0, as noted in my post.

Blockquote

Ah. Sorry, missed that one.

This line from the log stands out:

158 005c:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.

Winbind is a name service switch daemon for resolving names from NT servers. It apparently cannot find it.

This is the next one I would investigate…

Thanks, but still no dice. Updated winbind with no change in game behavior.